Somebody infringed my copyright. What can I do?

By Andrew Hudson Published: August 14, 2012 Updated: October 24, 2013

You can complain, get an attorney to send a cease-and-desist letter, or, ultimately, sue.

“A party may seek to protect his or her copyrights against unauthorized use by filing a civil lawsuit in federal district court. If you believe that your copyright has been infringed, consult an attorney. In cases of willful infringement for profit, the U.S. Attorney may initiate a criminal investigation.”
U.S. Copyright Office

Add Your Comment



Email (optional):

Submit your comment: